Configuring Spam Assassin for cPanel
- Login to cPanel
- Under mail submenu Click "Spam Assassin"
- Click "Enable SpamAssassin"
- Click "Go Back"
- Choose the sensitivity of your spam filter. The default setting is 7, increasing this number will make it less sensitive (allowing more email to go through including spam), decreasing it will make it more strict (allowing less email to go through, possibly legitimate email).
*Email is scored based on variables like correct PTR records, reputation of the sending server's IP address, Subject of the email, content of the email, and email attachments. If an email is bounced due to being targeted as spam, the sender will be alerted and the full headers of the email will include the spam score.
- Configure SpamAssassin. Here you can do the following things.
- Blacklist specific email address (email@example.com) or entire email domains (*@gmail.com), this means that your spam filter will always block these domains.
- Whitelist specific email addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org) or entire email domains (*@yahoo.com), these entries will never be blocked by your spam filter.
Was this answer helpful?
Use these settings on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod to access your Metisentry email: IMAP Account...
Some ISP's block outgoing mail on the standard mail port 25.In this case, change your outgoing...
Metisentry utilizes the "Read-then-Send" method, aka POP-before-SMTP. Using this method, users...
Here are the default Email server settings for Parallels Plesk servers Incoming mail server...
CommuniGate Pro Web Mail To display the full headers when using the CommuniGate Pro web...