How to Setup Email on an iPhone?
Before you can create your account on iPhone you must set up your Smartermail email account.
- On your iPhone select the Settings icon
- In settings select Mail,Contacts,Calendars (1) then, select Add Account (2)
- Select Other
- On the new menu select Add Mail Account
- A New Account pop-up window will appear, complete the following information:
- Name: Enter the Name of your account
- Email: Enter the Email that you use to login into Smartermail.
- Password: Enter your password that you use to login into Smartermail.
- Description: Enter the description of your email account (ex: John's Email, Work Email)
- Once all fields are complete select Next (2).
Select IMAP because you are checking your email on your mobile device in addition to a desktop we strongly suggest using IMAP vs POP. For more information about the difference between IMAP and POP please please see the following link: What is the difference between POP vs IMAP port? Once you have selected IMAP enter your Incoming and Outgoing server information:
- Host Name: Please type mail.pencilneck.ca
- User Name: Enter the email address that you used to login into Smartermail.
For example: email@example.com
- Password: Enter the password that you use to login into Smartermail.
- Select Next
On the next screen select Save You can see in the list your Email Account has been set up on iPhone Return to the home screen and select the Email icon(1), from your email you can select your new Email Account (2).
If for any reason you can’t send or receive emails successfully, make sure that:
- User, Server and Login information has been entered correctly.
- You have created your email account in Smartermail before you set up your iPhone account.
- The DNS has been successfully changed. If you need assistance changing your DNS please look at How do I make DNS changes ?
Was this answer helpful?
Requirements: Before you can create your Thunderbird email account you must set up your...
Requirements: Before you can setup your Smartermail on Android you must set up your Smartermail...
General mail setting Incoming Mail Server & Settings: Host Name: either...
Requirements: Before you can create your Windows Email account you must set up your Smartermail...
What is iOS iOS is Apple's mobile operating system used to run the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and...