How to Setup Thunderbird on a PC?
Before you can create your Thunderbird email account you must set up your Smartermail email account. For more information about how to create and migrate a Smartermail email account, please see the following links:
Steps to Setting Up Your Smartermail in Thunderbird
- Log in to Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Start system configuration
- If you already have Thunderbird setup and are just adding your Smartermail account proceed to 2.1.1) (Note: If you don't have a Account Set, proceed to Step 2.2 )
- Select the Tools menu and then select Account Settings from the drop down list.
- Click the Add Account button.
- Click Add Mail Account. (Next, proceed to Step 3)
If you don't have a Thunderbird Account Setup, follow the next steps:
- Select Email in Accounts menu.
- In the next screen select Skip this and use my existing email.
Enter the Name that you want to show to others, Email address and Password of your existing Smartermail account and select Continue. Next, Select Manual config. In the next screen the IMAP protocol is already selected, complete the following information:
- Server hostname: Enter mail.pencilneck.ca for Incoming and Outgoing fields.
- Select the Port 993 to IMAP and 465 to SMTP
- Set SSL to SSL/TLS to IMAP and SMTP
- Set Authentication to Normal password
- Select Done.
You will see a warning since we didn’t use SSL and instead used a normal password authentication. Click I understand the risks and then select Done. You will now see your new ThunderBird account.
If for any reason you can’t send, or receive emails successfully, make sure that:
- User, Server, and Login information has been entered correctly.
- You have created your email account in Smartermail before you set up your Thunderbird account.
- The DNS has been successfully changed.
If you need assistance changing your DNS please submit a ticket.
Was this answer helpful?
Requirements: Before you can setup your Smartermail on Android you must set up your Smartermail...
Requirements: Before you can create your Windows Email account you must set up your Smartermail...
Requirements: In order to receive email on a BlackBerry you must subscribe to BlackBerry's email...
Requirements: Before you can create your Outlook email account you must set up your Smartermail...
General mail setting Incoming Mail Server & Settings: Host Name: either...